Friday, September 18, 2009

Holy Moly, Guacamole!



I have a confession. I am a whore for mexican food. I mean, if I could smear guacamole all of myself and then dive into a giant bath of margaritas...well, let's just say, that would be bliss. My husband shares my passion. So much we do love Mexican food, that we actually got married in Mexico. For weeks before the wedding, we talked about the food we would be eating while in Mexico. And the guacamole. Mmmmmmm, the guacamole.

And this is why we love Rosa Mexicano. Yes, it is a chain and comes from New York, not Mexico, but still, they know what they're doing over at Rosa Mexicano. And they have the best, the very best, (even better than in Mexico) guacamole on earth. I could literally eat the whole bowl myself, but my husband insists on sharing it with me. (Why doesn't he get his own???)

While we crave Mexican food generally, and guacamole more specifically, let's face it: no matter what you eat, Mexican food is never not fattening. So we're quite judicious about frequenting our favorite mexican restaurant in the city. We wait til we can stand it no more. Til we're dreaming about guacamole. Til our stomachs ache for it. Til I find myself caressing avocados in the grocery store in a trance...with visions of Sunday brunch at Rosa Mexicano dancing in my head.

It's not just the guacamole that's good (although we can't get past that). Everything is good. The queso fundido...cheesy and chorizo deliciousness. The chile aquiles..more cheese/ham deliciousness, only with eggs. The shredded pork tacos....ohhhhhh, to die for.

Oh, I can't take it any longer. I'm off to rendevous with Rosa....

No comments:

Post a Comment